Whakatane Holiday Park is just a five-minute walk along the riverside from downtown Whakatane. Continue along the walkway, you’ll find the famous ‘Lady on the Rock’ statue and busy harbour entrance.
Come in, park up your car or camper van and enjoy our wonderful town. We have accommodation options to suit all budgets, and all the facilities you’ll need for a great holiday getaway.
Pets are welcome on our powered and unpowered sites (not cabins) in low season only, unless prior arrangements have been made.
Our friendly team will do everything we can to make your stay as enjoyable and relaxing as possible!
Whakatane Holiday Park Facilities
- Kitchen – Our clean, communal kitchen is located in the amenity block and offers fridges with freezers, microwaves, electric hobs, ovens, toasters, electric jugs and continual boiling water.
- Bathrooms – Our bathrooms are clean and well-equipped. Each room has toilets, hand basins, large mirrors and free hot showers.
- TV room – Our modern and comfortable TV room is located in the amenity block and features couches, arm chairs, coffee tables, a book shelf, and a flat screen TV with Freeview.
- Laundry – The laundry is located in the main facilities block. It has token-operated washing machines and coin-operated dryers and a tub with hot and cold water, for your convenience.
- BBQ area / outdoor dining – We have a large, covered outdoor dining area, located by the main kitchen, with picnic tables, a drink vending machine and coin-operated barbecues.
- Swimming pool – The swimming pool is located in the centre of the camp and is surrounded by a large deck and fence. The pool is only available in the summer.
- Pedal karts to hire – Our karts are endless fun for guests of all ages, take a leisurely trip around the park, or line them up and have races! Either way, we promise you will walk away with a smile!
- Jumping Pillow – Come one, come all, and bounce together until your heart is content, on our super fun jumping pillow!
- Trampoline – If you prefer a trampoline over a jumping pillow, we have one as well!
- Volleyball net – Gather everyone up and have a friendly competition of volleyball, playing on the grass and in the Whakatane sunshine!
We offer a great range of clean, quality and affordable accommodation to suit all needs — from cabins to fully self-contained motel units — making this the perfect home-away-from-home for families, couples, single travellers, or group bookings.
Cabins & Motel Units
- Tourist cabins – There are five tourist cabins, all located in one large block.
- Kitchen cabins – There are three kitchen cabins, all with different bed configurations.
- Self-contained units – There are four standalone, self-contained units which all have their own deck.
- Premium self-contained units – Our six two-bedroom apartments are all free-standing and have their own decks (one is wheelchair accessible). We also have four one-bedroom motel apartments that are free-standing and have their own deck.
- Studio cabins – Our studio cabins are the perfect size self-contained units for a wee getaway for solo travelers or couples.
Caravans, campervans and campsites
Come in, park up your camper van and avoid the worry of finding a parking space in town.
- 55 large powered caravan sites, 34 grass sites and 21 hard stands (gravel)
- 40 unpowered sites suitable for tents or campervans
All caravans and campervans MUST have a current electrical warrant to be able to plug into our powered sites. If no electrical warrant, an unpowered site will be offered as an alternative.