South Waikato’s premium performing arts centre available to hire for small and large events.
Catering, advertising and ticketing services (including eftpos) are all available.
We boast very reasonable rates, and some of the best accoustics you’ve heard in years! You’ll be surprised at what we can offer!
Our main theatre for hire is suitable for
- Stage performances
- Performing arts
- Functions or special events
- Film screenings
- Large conferences
- Capacity: 520 (320 fixed, 100 retractable, up to 150 stackable)
- Staging: 12.8m x 7m fixed wooden stage, with 9-bar fly tower and 2m wings
- Sound/Lighting: DMX capable, light and sound rig available to hire
- Access: loading dock to stage
- Engineers/Security: technicians/security/FoH staff available
- Foyer: newly-renovated kitchen, commercial dishwasher, candy bar
- Seating/Tables: dining tables and chairs available on request
- Good accoustics
- Heating system
- Adequate parking
- Excellent dressing rooms
Our main theatre has recently had the following renovations
- 9-bar fly tower
- full wheelchair access
- kitchen and showering facilities
- gas heating
- retractable seats to reveal large floor
Arthur Fountain Studio
The Arthur Fountain Studio at the rear of our main theatre, is suitable for smaller functions or as a changing room for stage events.
- Full kitchen
- Changing areas
The size of the studio makes it a suitable venue for meetings and functions for 20 to 40 people.
Foyer and The Pavilion
Our foyer is capable of hosting function’s and taking care of all event requirements.
- Full kitchen
- Bar and canteen
- Disabled toilets
- Ticketing office
Adjacent to our foyer is a small function room dubbed ‘the pavilion’. It is an excellent location to host regular events or functions. Facilities for conferences include 100″ movie/data screen, data projector, whiteboard, easel display stand. The foyers full kitchen and bar/canteen is excellent for your functions food and drink requirements.