Akaroa Accommodation & Venue
Private and tucked away in a peaceful secluded location with stunning Akaroa harbour views, Mt Vernon Lodge is perfect for weddings, functions, corporate events and romantic getaways.
Akaroa Lodge Accommodation
Mt Vernon Lodge boasts a range of Akaroa accommodation options to suit everyone, from singles, romantic couples, or groups of up to 50 people.
- Alpine Lodge – The alpine lodge is a 3-bedroom chalet, each bedroom has a large double and a single bed, for up to 9 people in comfortable surroundings. It has a fully equipped kitchen, dining table with chairs, bathroom with a bath and separate toilet. Superb views harbour which we believe are best from entire estate. An expansive deck with a BBQ makes the outdoor area magical.
- Chalet Cabins – Fully independent, our 2 chalet-style cabins offer stylish accommodation for up to 6 people. Each cabin has a super-king size bed, a 4-bed bunk room, full bathroom facilities, a living area and kitchen (all kitchen utensils and crockery, cutlery and glassware provided). Both have a deck area with outside table and chairs and BBQ.
- Lodge Accommodation – The Lodge accommodation is a six-unit building that can sleep up to 24 guests. The 6 x motel-style units each sleep up to 4 people per unit. Each room has a super king bed and 2 x single beds on the mezzanine floor to allow for privacy. All units have an ensuite. A central communal living area includes a large fully equipped commercial-standard kitchen, large dining table and bench seats, a sunken fire area, large BBQ and a massive deck with outside table, gas heater and magnificent views over Akaroa Harbour.
- Maison Cottage – A tribute to Akaroa’s French heritage, Maison Cottage is a self-contained cottage-style romantic hideaway, set in a world of its own. It’s a rural cottage for two, rustically detailed with all the finishing touches for an intimate stay, including a super king-size bed. Set in the heart of our pine forest, surrounded by nature, native birds and peace. Seclusion and nature make Maison Cottage perfect for a rural stay.
- Pheasant Cottage – Pheasant Cottage is an English styled self-contained cottage, perfect for 2 people. Pheasant Cottage enjoys all-day sun and has a large deck overlooking the surrounding grounds. It’s a lovely cottage accommodation featuring a queen-size bed, an ensuite bathroom, separate sunroom, log burner and TV (freeview) for those cosy winter’s nights. Enjoy the sound of native birdsong or see if you can spot the native wood pigeons!
Akaroa Wedding Venue
At Mt Vernon Lodge, you can have an unforgettable ceremony, a custom-designed reception, and stylish accommodation for you and your guests, all within the beautiful surroundings of our estate. And the next day, you’ll have time to catch up with old friends, and enjoy the scenery.
You can hold everything onsite, from your ceremony to your photographs to your reception to your accommodation. And the best bit, they’re all an easy walking distance away. Once you arrive, pack away your car keys and enjoy your stay.
Mt Vernon’s sweeping lawns, with their stunning views over Akaroa Harbour, offer the perfect setting in which to make your vows. Of course, they also provide an ideal backdrop for your photographs, so there’s no need to leave your guests behind – friends and family can enjoy drinks and canapés, wander around the grounds, or even retreat to their own rooms if they so desire, until it’s time for the day’s proceedings to continue.
With us, your reception can be as formal or as informal as you want it to be – whether it’s a silver-service dinner for 100, or a BBQ on the lawn for 10. We are a BYO Venue, we only charge a small beverage fee per person to cover our costs. We have a selection of recommended caterers, or you can cater for yourselves in our full commercial kitchen, and we also offer full glass and equipment hire, should you need it.
At the end of the day, there’s no need to wait for a car, whenever you’re ready, just stroll back to the privacy of your room. For the bride and groom, we suggest a stay at Pheasant Cottage or Maison Cottage. Each offers romantic, secluded accommodation for two, set away from the main areas, where you can wake to the sound of bell birds and enjoy breakfast on your private verandah.
To discuss your ideas, or ask us ours, on creating the perfect wedding package for you, please Contact us and we will send you a Wedding Information Pack. We’d love to be a part of making it special.