Kaikoura ornamental gardens featuring large displays of lavender, farm animals, tea room and shop.
Lavendyl Lavender Farm is situated in scenic Kaikoura in the South Island of New Zealand.
Over 50 different varieties of lavender are grown on the 6.5 acre lavender farm, with plans to take that to over 300 in the near future.
On your next visit to Kaikoura enjoy our gardens, tea room and our products and/or stay in our cottages.
Things to do at Kaikoura Lavender Farm
- Stroll through the gardens and enjoy the lavender and many other plants including New Zealand natives.
- Meditate and relax in the circle of thyme. This is also a good place to take iconic photographs.
- See the scenic views from Mt Fyffe to the Kaikoura Peninsula
- Indulge yourself with a lavender themed ice-cream, a Kaikoura must-do. With a wide range of flavours from lavender honey, lavender strawberry to lavender London fog (Earl Grey), and many more, there is bound to be one that appeals. We also have a vegan variety.
- Have a lavender pickers lunch or lavender themed high tea as a picnic in the gardens or in our tea room. Just let us know the day before as we need time to bake!
- Sip on a cup of tea or coffee inside the tearoom or out in the gardens. Accompany it with a scone or other lavender themed sweet treat.
- Meet our friendly sheep and chickens
- Purchase lavender products from the unique onsite gift store and gallery
- When we are harvesting, you may be able to watch the distillation process as we extract 100% pure lavender and other essential oils
Group Visits at Lavendyl
- We can cater for groups of up to 36 for sit down meals.
- We offer a fixed lavender pickers lunch, continental breakfast, high tea and various lighter food options.
- All baked items are home-made including the breads.
- All meal options come with a choice of beverage (tea/coffee/cold drink).
- Lavender centered high teas available showcasing what we can do with lavender (food options vary).
- Try our lavender ice-cream, one of Kaikoura’s must do’s which goes down well with all ages.
- Group bookings must be made in advance for catering purposes.