Experience Fiordland by air with Wings and Water Te Anau, the best and most unique way to fly around the World Heritage Fiordland National Park.
We offer a small, personalised service with friendly and experienced staff with safe, comfortable planes to suit your budget.
Explore the Fiordland National Park by floatplane. Photograph the majestic mountains, glaciers, rainforests and stunning fiords. View crystal clear mountain lakes and cascading waterfalls, the most dramatic scenery on earth.
We not only offer scenic flights to visitors in our area, we also provide services to fishermen, hunters and trampers – whether it be fish, groceries or warm takeaways!
The Fiordland National Park is also home to many wildlife creatures and you may also be able to spot the wild red deer from the seat of your plane!
Fiordland National Park Flight Options
- Doubtful Sound – BEST SELLER! Running short of time? This is the perfect alternative. See stunning waterfalls and unspoilt scenery which will leave you in awe of this dramatic region. Fly over Lake Manapouri and the South Fiord of Lake Te Anau to the remote wilderness of Doubtful Sound. Duration: 40 minutes.
- Doubtful Cruise and Fly – BEST FIORD COMBO! Take the time to unwind and relax in the majesty of Doubtful Sound. Enjoy extra curricular activities from the boat, fine food, wine and Kiwi hospitality. Then flying over this region will you gain a true appreciation of the shear scale and size of New Zealand’s largest National Park. WOW! Duration: 30 minutes (arrange cruise separately).
- Dusky & Doubtful Fiordland – UNTOUCHED & EXCLUSIVE. Combine famous Doubtful Sound with the untouched beauty of Dusky Sound. An exhilarating flight of endless peaks, glacial calved landscape, waterfalls, and over 350 islands scattered throughout the coastal region. Duration: 1 ¼ hours.
- Milford Sound – CLASSIC. Fly over Lake Te Anau, Milford Track and the famous Sutherland Falls to Milford Sound for spectacular views of the fiord, large cascading waterfalls and the stunning Tutoko Glaciers. Duration: 1 hour.
- Lakes Explorer 15 minutes OR Mountain Highlights 20 minutes– Can fly in most weather on these ones! Experience magnificent 360 degree views of Lakes Te Anau, Manapouri and the 13 Hidden Lakes. Duration 15 or 20 minutes.
- Mystery Flight – OUR FAVOURITE!! Fly to secluded location with extra water landing. Take the time to soak up the native bush and informative spiel from the pilot. Soak up Fiordland. Duration: 1 hour.
Cancellation Policy e.g. To receive a full refund you must cancel outside of 48 hours prior to departure.
We reserve the right to cancel your flight at any time due to weather and safety precautions.
Child 4-14 years. Under 4 years free.
Minimum number: 2 pax. Maximum number: 4 pax (or 5 small pax under 80kg pp).