Purpose built accommodation for self catering suitable for clubs, families, schools and large groups on a budget.
Ideally located between Whakapapa & Turoa ski fields and close to the Old Coach Road, Mt Ruapehu, Tongariro Crossing, walking tracks and mountain bike trails.
Surrounded by nature, this secluded property just off SH 4 in Pokaka has a feeling of ‘getting away from it all’ while still being an easy drive to the Ohakune, Raetihi and National Park shops, cafes, schools etc.
Group Accommodation Tongariro National Park
Ideal for Groups
Taylor Lodge is an ideal place for a reunion, school camp, family gathering, birthday or just a place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Many schools and groups have been returning year after year.
The lodge sleeps 46 people in 11 rooms in a bunk style bedding arrangements.
- There is a large kitchen with gas cooking, plenty of bench space and three fridges.
- A spacious living and dining area warmed by a log fire in winter.
- Separate TV room with DVDs for rainy nights in.
- Keep the kids entertained away from the adults with a pool table and foosball.
- Heated BBQ shed with large 6 burner BBQ for use all year round.
- There is also a large drying room for all your gear after a day on the slopes.
- Catering is available for certain dates. Please email to enquire with your requirements
Activities in the Ruapehu District
Taylor Lodge is conveniently located between both Ruapehu ski fields (Turoa and Whakapapa), just North of Horopito off State Highway 4.
There is more than just snow sports in the area:
- Enjoy hiking through the World Heritage National Park one of New Zealands Great Walks – The Tongariro Crossing.
- Mountain Biking options galore with the Old Coach Road Track, Mountain to Sea Trail, Uenuke Pines Mountain Bike Park to name a few.
- Ohakune is only 20 minutes away.
- National Park Village is 15 minutes away for shops if you need anything.