Waikato River Bike & Kayak Tours
Minutes from Cambridge yet a world of its own, our spot along the Waikato River is surrounded by lush bush and overlooked by the magnificent Maungatautari.
At Riverside Adventures we want you to savour the beauty of our picturesque backyard. Our guided tours are designed to take you on a physical and spiritual journey as you explore the Waikato with us.
With a new location now at the Grassroots Velodrome, the options for bike hire and packages are endless.
Waikato River Tours
Our kayak, bike and walking tours cater for families, couples, groups and schools and can be as gentle or active as you choose.
Daylight, twilight or overnight – you can select from one of our existing tours or work with us to plan your own.
- Kayak Tours – Take a guided kayak tour down the Waikato River by day or experience the magic of New Zealand glow worms at twilight. Calm water to suit all abilities.
- Bike Packages – Whether you’re looking for a day tour or a multi-day adventure, experience the Waikato River Trails, Hauraki Rail Trail or the Timber Trail with us.
- Build Your Own Tour – Bike, kayak, walk or SUP your adventure your way. If you can’t choose just one activity, you can build your own tour! Take your pick and we’ll sort the rest.
- Kayak & Bike Combo Tours – We know, sometimes one activity isn’t enough. That’s why we’ve pulled our most requested combos together for you. Bike. Kayak. Walk. What will your combo be?
- Overnight Escape – This escape provides a taste of local experiences in the Waikato, with a luxury overnight stay. Unwind and discover the magical Waikato and let our natural surroundings do what they do best; be an antidote to stress.
- Shuttle & Hire Services – Want to bike the Waikato River or Hauraki Rail trails yourself? Book one of our shuttle services. We also have SUP boards, kayaks, bikes, e-bikes and all sorts of accessories available to hire for a day of play!
Schools or Corporate Groups
We’ve got capacity and options for schools or corporate groups too – just let us know what you’re after and we can create an adventure experience suitable for your group.
School ages 8 – 17 yrs
Take the kids on an adventure race! Swim, run, walk, bike and kayak all in one epic adventure tour structured for their age group.
Work Groups & Events
Staff Christmas parties, work events, team-building adventures… you name it, we can help make it happen with your corporate group.
We’re also now at the Cambridge Velodrome!
We’ve got a second handy location – right on the River Ride trail! Come and visit us at the Velodrome Cambridge, next door to the Bikery Cafe. At our bike shop we can do your bike servicing and rentals, tour bookings, shuttles and accommodation too.