Marlborough Helicopter Tours
Fly over Marlborough’s amazing vineyards, wineries and national parks – or perhaps pay a “flying visit” to one of the region’s wonderful lodges and resorts.
Our scenic flights and adventure tours for Blenheim, Picton, Nelson, Kaikoura and the surrounding areas, including flights over the superb Marlborough Sounds. The base is situated at Omaka Aerodrome so you can make a day of it and also visit the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre at the same time.
An enticing range of set helicopter flights are detailed below however if you don’t see the trip you want, just call and we will create it for you!
Going for your flight
If you are new to helicopters, the following information will be useful.
Things to bring with you: sun glasses, camera, sun cream, water.
Although it will be perfectly warm in the helicopter, depending on the weather and time of year, you might need to bring some warm clothing. It can be very warm in one location and cold in another!
Arrive at the Base approximately 20 minutes before your flight.
Before you board the aircraft, a Precision Helicopters crew member will provide a comprehensive safety briefing. You will then be assisted into the aircraft and comfortably seated. You will be given a headset which will enable you to easily communicate with the pilot and any other passengers.
Your pilot is very experienced and you are in very safe hands but if you have any concerns, just let him or her know.
On landing, you will again be assisted from the helicopter.
If you are a seasoned flyer, then just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!
Marlborough Scenic Flights
Prices quoted in NZ$, subject to change.
- Explore the Sounds and Lodges. Flight time – Approximately 40 minutes. Treat yourself and perhaps your family to something amazing that you’ll talk and smile about for weeks. This helicopter trip will smoke your tyres and you’ll want to go again!! This flight takes you to the outer Sounds and visit Punga Cove Resort or Furneaux Lodge, two of the most popular lodges, located in the Endeavour inlet. Departing from Omaka Aerodrome, you will be flown over Blenheim and look down on some of our region’s finest vineyards. You will be able to see the Cook Strait and if you’re really lucky, the Wellington coast line. Flight cost – McDonnell Douglas 500 E helicopter (max 3 people) $1530.00 | Squirrel AS350 helicopter (max 5 people) $2146.40
- Ultimate Exlpore Marlborough Flight. Flight time – Approximately 60 minutes. The ultimate in scenic tours and the one we enjoy the most! Discover the outer Sounds, including the jewel of the area Durvill Island and French Pass. Come heli-fishing or land on the beach for a stroll along the sand in complete and stunning isolation. Pure untouched paradise! The price is for the helicopter to do the tour. Flight cost – McDonnell Douglas 500 E helicopter (max 3 people) $2300.00 | Squirrel AS350 helicopter (max 5 people) $3220.00
- Abel Tasman Flight. Flight time – Approximately 90 minutes. If you would like to explore the Abel Tasman National Park from the air then now’s your chance! Fly direct from Omaka to the Awaroa Lodge which is the gateway to some of the best beaches New Zealand has to offer. This unbelievable experience is so remote that you can only get there easily by air. The price is for the helicopter to do the tour. Flight cost – McDonnell Douglas 500 E helicopter (max 3 people) $3450.00 | Squirrel AS350 helicopter (max 5 people) $4829.40
- Bay of Many Coves Heli-Lunch. Flight time – Approximately 40 minutes. Deep in the Marlborough Sounds sits the Bay of Many Coves 5-star luxury resort. A 40 minute scenic helicopter flight from Blenheim to the resort will not only offer superb views of the Marlborough Sounds but will be one that will mesmerise you with its natural beauty and magical location. Take in the views from a world-class restaurant as the chefs prepare a 3 course sumptuous lunch including a glass of wine for you to enjoy. This is 5 star dining at its very best in a pure, natural environment that simply cannot be matched. The cost of the meal is unfortunately not included but is typically around $98 per person. The price is for the helicopter to do the flight as specified. Flight cost – McDonnell Douglas 500 E helicopter (max 3 people) $1530.00 | Squirrel AS350 helicopter (max 5 people) $2146.40
- Heli-Lunch Flight. Flight time – Approximately 60 minutes. Do you have a special occasion coming up? If so, have you thought about a flight around the Marlborough area stopping for a unique lunch at a beautiful resort? There are several stunning resorts to choose from. Afterwards, be whisked away over the glorious Sounds to your chosen destination. Regrettably, the cost of your meal is not included! The price is for the helicopter to do the flight as specified. Flight cost – McDonnell Douglas 500 E helicopter (max 3 people) $2300.00 | Squirrel AS350 helicopter (max 5 people) $3220.00
What style … arriving at your wedding by helicopter!
On that most special of days, you are sure to make a suitably grand entrance by arriving at your chosen venue by helicopter. We can also fly the bride, groom, photographer and one other person to some idyllic destinations for some truly magic photographs for you to treasure. The cost of the helicopter will vary depending upon the destination, so please call for pricing.
Marlborough, South Marlborough, Kaikoura and the Clarence all offer opportunities for superb hunting. There is a wide selection of Department of Conservation (DoC) blocks within this stunning and remote landscape which is regarded by keen hunters as the ultimate challenge; providing a memorable experience.Most areas have a good population of red deer, pigs and goats. Throughout the high country, Chamois are wide spread but low in numbers. South Marlborough area has approximately 435,000 hectares of DoC land. We can provide a private 2,200 hectare hunting block, including a guide, complete with a luxury lodge which has all the facilities required for the ultimate experience.
Fast, flexible transport to destinations around Marlborough and the top of the south
Take advantage of our remarkable flexibility and arrange a helicopter charter flight for you and your passengers to and from your destination. Travel in style and comfort in one of our safe, modern and reliable helicopters. With no airport queues or traffic jams to worry about, you will arrive fresh and relaxed.
The helicopter is charged at an hourly rate, or part of. This cost can be divided between the number of passengers the helicopter can carry.