Lodge accommodation built around a climbing hall. Magnificent views right from doorstep to Mt Tongariro, Mt Ngauruhoe and Mt Ruapehu. Gateway to Tongariro and Whanganui National Park.
National Park Village borders the World Heritage Tongariro National Park to the east and the Whanganui National Park, to the west. The village is located near the base of Mt Ruapehu, at the intersection of SH 4 & SH 47 on the volcanic plateau. Discovering the secrets of the volcanic wilderness and experiencing where adventure happens, National Park Village is naturally an ideal base for your summer and winter explorations.
Accommodation Tongariro National Park
We have a variety of accommodation options to cater to your tastes, your pocket and any holiday experience. We pride ourselves on being high on quality yet budget on price. Our rooms are warm, clean, comfortable and private. We have accommodation choices to suit everyone: travellers, families, couples and groups.
- Queen/Double or Twin Room with ensuite
- Double or Twin with ensuite
- Double or Twin room shared bathroom
- 4-6 share room with ensuite
- 8-10 bedded dorm room
- Tent sites
- National Park Backpackers Rates: Please submit an enquiry for a personalised quote.
- Challenging indoor climbing hall
- Laundry and drying room
- Fully equipped kitchen
- IAC internet / WiFi
- Comfortable dining area with wood fire
- TV lounge with video player.
- Range of video movies.
- Off-street parking.
- Info and bookings for local activities
- Booking Agents for Northern Explorer Train, Interislander Ferry & Intercity Bus
- Shop with ice-cream and a range of basic food items.
- Bar / restaurant next door
- Petrol station, supermarket + post shop 300 metres down along SH4
- Short walk to ski and snowboard rental shops
Tongariro Climbing Wall
Looking for something to do on a rainy day?
You’ll love our climbing hall – just for fun or to challenge your strength and skill.
It keeps kids, not to mention adults, entertained for hours.
- Climbing wall 8 meters high
- 29 top ropes
- Beginner to advanced levels
- Grades 10 – 26
- Entry includes harness hire
- Full instruction provided
- Open every day from 9am to 8pm