Experience the best Fiordland has to offer on a Fiordland Expeditions Multi-day Charter or a Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise.
Fiordland Expeditions can show you this truly outstanding world class scenery, including some of the highest mountains to rise directly from the sea-floor and deep water reflecting the sheer cliff forms; the word “paradise” is never far from our guests lips.
Whilst considering your boat cruise in Fiordland, your hardest decision is which option to take to enjoy it in your own way.
Doubtful Sound Cruise Options
- Doubtful Sound Overnight – A Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise is an excellent way of experiencing what Fiordland has to offer if you have a limited time budget.
- Private Charter (fishing, hunting & diving) – By far the best way to see this magical part of the world is to either take a Private Charter for as many nights as you require or if you are few in numbers then you can Join A Group and meet new friends.
- Join A Group – If you can’t get a group together but want to take an extended trip then register with us and we’ll see when we can fit you in.
With our two vessels, Tutoko and Tutoko II, the level of comfort is your choice and what you do on your charter is also up to you. Whilst our experience means we can impart advice on what to do, the choices are yours! You will make the decisions on what is to be included and just how busy or relaxed you want your expedition to be.
We offer our vessels as a comfy base for you to explore and enjoy:
- Fishing – some of the best fishing in the world.
- Scuba Diving – Jacques Cousteau rated Fiordland in his top 10
- Deer Hunting – Red Deer and Wapiti were released for hunting in the early 1900’s
- Kayaking – jump in a kayak and explore Fiordland up close and personal.
- Bush Walks – Fiordland offers untouched bush with no beasts or nasties to consider.
- Historic Sites – Capt. Cook stayed here in 1772, first house, first boat built, first export industry in sealing and whaling; gold, silver and copper mining along with forestry were all part of early Fiordland. Maori visited the area to collect Kai and Pounamu.
Whatever your reason is for visiting Fiordland we can tailor a charter to meet your own specific requirements.
Whichever way you go time becomes irrelevant as the never-ending scenery unravels before you, but there’s a whole world beneath the hull too.
Brachiopods, black and red coral, sea anemones, sea pens and fish life, all normally found in the deep are found much closer to the surface here. This allowes you to view them in five to forty metres of clear water. It’s a world class diving experience in your very own playground.
Then there’s the option of harvesting your meals from the sea by fishing.
Fish makes a wonderful meal and the succulent flesh of the blue cod is the most preffered fish in the region, but there’s also plentiful terakihi, trumpeter, hapuku (groper) or blue nose (sea bass).
They’re all excellent eating and you can add a side dish by diving for scallops, crayfish (lobster) and paua (abalone) to whet the appetite.
And all the while on the shore, there’s classic deer hunting with red deer and wapiti in great quantities on the tree-clad slopes of Fiordland, just a short ride away by Tutoko’s tender.
Put simply, your dining choices outclass many world renowned restaurants for freshness and variety – and you get to go to market yourself!
The Tutoko II comes fully equipped with facilities that will ensure the best experience possible. Your crew will assist in any way you require so your experience will be the very best memory we can offer.
And that’s not a claim we make lightly, as our testimonials and articles show.
Tutoko II is set up to provide comfort for up to 12 clients on each Private Charter or Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise.
Whether you board with your family and friends or join a group, a Fiordland Expeditions wilderness adventure makes for a world of comradeship and relaxation you’ll never forget.
Fiordland Expeditions – Memories that last a lifetime.
RATES (quoted in NZ$, subject to change)
- Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise – Please visit our website for current prices and availability
- Exclusive Use Charters – If you wish to charter the vessel for your own exclusive group then we can accommodate your requests also. Because people who often take this option require differring methods of transfer then those costs are not included in the charter rates below.
Tutoko – prices are per night for the vessel hire for up to 8 clients
- Peak – 26th Dec – 30th Apr: $4500/night for 3 nights or less / $4250 for 4 nights or more
- Off Peak – 1st May – 23rd Dec: $4350/night for 3 nights or less / $4100 for 4 nights or more
Tutoko II: prices are per night for the vessel hire for up to 12 clients
- Peak – 1st Oct – 30th Apr: $7500/night for 3 nights or less / $7300 for 4 nights or more
- Off Peak – 1st May – 30th Sep: $7350/night for 3 nights or less / $7250 for 4 nights or more
Non-exclusive Use Trip – If you do not require exclusive use then contact us with details of the number of people you have interested in a trip and we will discuss the options/prices.