Sailing Charters in the Bay of Islands New Zealand
Cool Change is an awesome 54 ft sailing catamaran, offering you a totally unique way to experience New Zealand’s world famous Bay of Islands.
Enjoy level sailing, all-round visibility and heaps of comfortable space, inside and out.
Your Cool Change sailing adventure allows you to explore some of the 144 islands in the bay of Islands. Check out isolated beaches and lush, uninhabited islands. Enjoy island and bush hikes, with spectacular cliff top views.
We aim to give you an amazing sailing experience in this very special area.
Bay of Islands Day Sailing
Enjoy the private use of Cool Change for a day charter sailing adventure you will never forget.
Be it a special occasion such as an anniversary, a day on the water for couples or families, a small wedding onboard or on a secluded beach. Have a relaxed business meeting while enjoying the beautiful Bay of Islands, a corporate team building day or just a fun day out to show appreciation to your staff.
Your Cool Change Experience can start from any pre-arranged beach or jetty near your accommodation. Trips are generally 6 hours duration, but extra time can be arranged. A two hour stopover allows plenty of time to enjoy a delicious lunch and to participate in your preferred activities such as swimming, standup paddleboarding (SUP) or exploring our local islands and beaches. Be sure to bring sunblock, swimming gear, a towel and perhaps a light jacket for cooler days. For your day charter the skipper will choose a course to best take advantage of the day’s weather as well as guest’s special interests.
Cool Change is safe and enjoyable for all ages including children. If preferred, we can pick you up early afternoon for an evening return. Please bring personal gear such as bathing suits, sunglasses, a hat and a warm jacket for later in the day. A camera is recommended too.
Cool Change Sailing Catamaran Features
- Innovative twin rotating wingmasts – fast easy sailing
- Lifting rudders, dagger boards and propellers – allow access to shallow water close to beaches
- Two private cabins with ensuite
- Spacious lounge/saloon area – Increased visibility on a catamaran
- Wonderful covered cockpit/helm area – a great place to relax out of the sun
- BBQ and outdoor dining space for a New Zealand lifestyle
- Easily accessed steps on the sterns – makes getting aboard, in and out of the dinghy, kayaks or swimming, a breeze and great for paddleboarding too
- Wide, flat decks with surrounding high lifelines – added security
- Comfortable seats and large trampolines in the bows – ideal relaxing and dolphin viewing platforms
- Some snorkelling gear is available
RATES: Please SUBMIT AN ENQUIRY for a personalised quote