Comfortable and affordable National Park Village accommodation with outstanding panoramic views of the Tongariro National Park.
Alpine Chalets are nestled amongst mature native plantings and established gardens backing on to a native bush reserve.
Located in the Central Plateau and adjacent to the Tongariro National Park, a tourist hot spot.
The Alpine Chalets are situated at the gateway to many varied outdoor activities which may provide year round entertainment.
- Tongariro Crossing
- Whakapapa/Turoa Ski fields
- White water rafting
- Quad biking
- Golf, dining and entertaining at Bayview Chateau Tongariro
- Horse trekking
- Scenic flights
- Hunting and fishing
A perfect destination to relax for your holiday, or to use as a base when enjoying the activities and adventures the Tongariro National Park has to offer.
- The Alpine Chalets are located in the heart of the Tongariro National Park village. All units are located on our grounds, tucked away in mature native trees and have spectacular views of the mountains.
- The standard units each have a queen and two single bunk beds.
- Our rooms are fully self-contained, warm and comfortable. Each unit has a kitchenette and ensuite bathroom for your convenience.
- The kitchenette is equipped with a microwave, fridge, kettle, toaster, cutlery and crockery.
- Each room has a television.
- Rooms 6 – 10 are up 1 flight of stairs. Rooms 11 and 12 are up 2 flights of stairs.
- We have off-street parking.
- Wi-Fi – Free internet throughout the duration of your stay
- Courtyard – Outdoor furniture and BBQ available to enhance your stay
- Laundry – Full access to laundry throughout the duration of your stay
- Drying Room – Dry out your gear after a day in the mountains
- Ski/Snowboard Waxing Room – Tune your gear before you hit the slopes
- Storage Available – We can store your oversized gear/equipment for you
STAY WITH ALPINE CHALETS AND PLAY WITH ADRIFT TONGARIRO
Stay and Play
Stay with Alpine Chalets and save 50% off your second night when booking a one day guided tour with Adrift Tongariro. Plus 1/2 price tour for 4th family member.
Package Includes: The choice between a full day Mt Ruapehu Crater Lake guided hike, Tongariro Alpine Crossing guided walk, or a 1 day Whanganui River guided canoe tour with Adrift Tongariro. Guide/s, transport between the Adrift Tongariro base and the activity, all mountain equipment including helmet, crampons and ice axes if required for winter conditions. Half price tour for 4th family member. Two nights twin share accommodation at Alpine Chalets includes 50% off the second night for two people. Contact us for variations on the package deal. We can accommodate larger groups.