Looking for a unique and special location for your weekend getaway or holiday experience? Make Radcliffe Cottage your home on our farm, explore rural NZ and discover what life in the country is all about.
Waitapu Farms invite you to enjoy the privacy and tranquillity of self-contained rural holiday home accommodation on our 1500 acre working Dairy Farm.
Dairy experience – Ever wondered exactly what’s involved in a milking shed? Or perhaps you would like to feed our baby calves? You’re welcome to visit our milking shed or calf rearing facilities (by arrangement) to get an idea of what goes on everyday in a typical working dairy farm.
Radcliffe Cottage is a 3 bedroom, fully self contained, self catering holiday home for up to 6 people. A lovely, privately situated cottage with large windows and ranch slider off the lounge taking you out onto a sunny deck with views that stretch across grassy plains, rolling pastures and picturesque valleys. The only rush hour traffic will be our peaceful cows who may meander past your windows.
Relax, enjoy the peace and quiet, visit the many beautiful local attractions, or really get amongst rural life and experience some of the day to day activities right here on the farm.
- Open plan lounge and dining
- Bathroom and separate toilet
- Laundry with washer and dryer
- Fully equiped kitchen
- TV + Sky & DVD Player
- Outdoor deck and dining area
- 3 burner gas BBQ
- All linen provided
- Pets by arrangement
- Complimentary local wine, chocolates and coffee provided plus fresh farm milk on request
Quoted in NZ$, Subject to change
- From $185 per night for two people (off peak)
- Extra adults $20 per night, extra child (2 – 16yrs) $15 per night. Under 2s free.
- $60 cleaning charge.
- Stay 6 nights and receive 1 night free – save up to $325
- Minimum stay 2 nights (single night surcharge $60)
- Check in after 2pm, check out by 11am.
- EFTPOS, CREDIT CARD and PAYPAL available.
At Waitapu Farms we offer you the opportunity to experience a slice of the unique way of life that is dairy farming in New Zealand. You’re welcome to walk on the farm at any time or visit our milking shed and / or calf shed by arrangement- please be aware we offer some flexibility with the timing, however visits are coordinated to fit in with the day-to-day management of the farm. Your hosts will discuss and arrange this with you. Calf feeding is available July – Oct.
Please read our Terms and Conditions provided on our website to ensure you understand your responsibility as a guest and our responsibility as a host.
- Pakiri Beach – Located approximately 14kms from Radcliffe Cottage are the beautiful white sands of unpopulated and pristine Pakiri Beach
- Matakana – Matakana is approximately 30kms from Radcliffe Cottage. A lovely boutique village with markets, shopping, cinemas and great restaurants.
- Leigh – The beautiful seaside village of Leigh is only approximately 20mins drive from Radcliffe Cottage. Home of renowned Fish and Chip shop voted best in New Zealand, Leigh is also a fantastic location for popular New Zealand music gigs at Sawmill Cafe.
- Goat Island Marine Reserve – A local Marine Park, home to many beautiful species of marine wildlife. Explore via glass bottom boat or for a close-up encounter, enrol in a guided snorkel. Approximately 25kms from Radcliffe Cottage.
- Tomarata Lakes – A picturesque lake located only 9kms from Radcliffe Cottage. Suitable for trout fishing, water sports or just as a relaxing lakeside retreat.
- Bennett’s Chocolates of Mangawhai – In the beautiful coastal village of Mangawhai is the home of renowned chocolatiers, Clayton and Mary Bennett. They create a wonderful range of chocolates from truffles, pralines and crème fraiche to oriental spiced chocolates. Only 18kms from Radcliffe Cottage.