Opononi Accommodation on the Twin Coast Discovery Route.
Located opposite a beach reserve on the edge of the spectacular Hokianga Harbour on Northland’s west coast.
Opononi is located 20 minutes drive to the Waipoua Forest (home of Tane Mahuta) and an hour to the Bay of Islands.
Opononi Dolphin Lodge owners John and Sue are proud to offer a clean and modern interior combined with a superb location,
During the day you can sandboard on the dunes across the harbour, go deep-sea fishing, coastal-walking or visit Tane Mahuta – the giant kauri tree in the Waipoua Forest.
In the evening, sit back and enjoy the breathtaking West Coast sunsets and our friendly Kiwi hospitality.
The West Coast diamond in the North awaits you!
Self Contained Apartment
Spacious lovely 3 bedroom unit on the ground floor ideal for individuals, couples or families.
Accommodation consists of one Queen room with ensuite, and one queen room and one twin room (2 singles) downstairs.
The bedrooms lead into a large open-plan lounge and full kitchen available exclusively for guest use. Sleeps up to 8 people.
Tea, coffee and WiFi included.
Self-contained motor home parking with sea and sand dune views available onsite.
Opononi Dolphin Lodge is on the corner of SH 12, which runs through Opononi, and Fairlie Crescent. It is across the road from the beach reserve with stunning dune and water views of the Hokianga Harbour.
Auckland – 4hrs, Bay of Islands and Kerikeri – 1hr, Whangarei – 1.75hrs, 90 Mile Beach – 2hrs.
Intercity and Magic Bus drop-off at the information centre – pick-up available.
Attractions, activities, and things to do in Opononi
- Coastal/forest walking tracks
- Scenic drives around Hokianga Harbour and through Waipoua Forest (home of Tane Mahuta) – don’t miss the signal station on the west side of Omapere where the stunning beauty of the area spreads out in front of you and from where you can walk around the headland to the West Coast
- Fishing or gathering shellfish
- Visit the local craft shops, museum, café or restaurant (all within walking distance of Opononi Dolphin Lodge)
- Harbour kayaking (bring your own kayak)
- Mountain biking (bring your own bikes)
- Horse trekking
- Take a day trip to Cape Reinga and back down 90 Mile Beach
- Kauri walks
- Boat ramps 1.5km
- Guided Night Walks through Waipoua Forest
- Golf – 9-hole course at Rawene
- Historic Rawene (Clendon House) and the Hokianga Vehicle Ferry
- Art and Craft Trail
- Safe swimming