Auckland Whale and Dolphin Safari
Share our unique sea safari - aboard New Zealand's most accessible marine research vessel.
Spend 4.5 hours experiencing the diverse marine wildlife and stunning scenery of Auckland’s Hauraki Gulf Marine Park. See wild marine mammals and rare birds living in their natural habitat. Explore amongst volcanic islands with views of sandy beaches and hidden coves. Share special moments and close encounters with wildlife while capturing photos of rare birds, marine mammals and unique island views.
You’ll also get to learn from the marine researchers on board working to protect the whales, dolphins and their fragile home. Be inspired by the research conducted alongside you on our comfortable high-tech boat and enjoy an expert education from the crew about whales, dolphins and our other marine wildlife. Join us on our family-owned mission to save Auckland’s whales and dolphins into the future.
- GUARANTEED Marine Mammal viewing – or come back for free!
- Every ticket purchased contributes directly to Marine Mammal Conservation
- Watch & Learn – Expert commentary/Interaction with our on-board Marine Research Scientists.
- Highly Recommended - TripAdvisor 'Certificate of Excellence' 2013 - 2016
- Incredibly Convenient – departs daily from the Viaduct Harbour in down-town Auckland city.
- Fully licensed bar with snacks available for purchase.
The 'Dolphin Explorer'
The ‘Dolphin Explorer’ is a luxury 20 metre (65ft) Powercat that was purpose built to maximize our passenger viewing experience and at the same time make the boat trip around the Hauraki Gulf as comfortable as possible for up to 100 passengers.
- Adults (16 years and over) - $160
- Children (15 years and under) - $105
- Family (2x Adults + 2x Children) - $399
- Additional children - $65
Please Note: All children attract an admission fee regardless of age.
Where tourism helps conservation.
As New Zealand’s only research-based marine mammal experience we work closely with the Department of Conservation and several universities to combine up-close viewing of whales, dolphins and sea birds with important marine-biology research conducted on board. This allows our passengers the chance to encounter, understand and help protect this incredible marine resource.?
Private Charters Available
Looking for something that's a little different?
Whether it's wildlife or nightlife you're after our beautiful 65ft luxury vessel is now available for customised wildlife trips, harbour cruises and private events direct from Auckland city.
Auckland Whale and Dolphin Safari, Auckland Enquiry Form
New Zealand Maritime Museum
175 Quay Street
Phone: +64 9 357 6032
Freephone: within NZ: 0508 DOLPHINS (365 744)
Web: Visit website