Te Anau Float Plane
Experience Fiordland by air with Wings and Water Te Anau, the best and most unique way to fly around the World Heritage Fiordland National Park.
We offer a small, personalised service with friendly and experienced staff with safe, comfortable planes to suit your budget.
Explore the Fiordland National Park by floatplane. Photograph the majestic mountains, glaciers, rainforests and stunning fiords. View crystal clear mountain lakes and cascading waterfalls, the most dramatic scenery on earth.
We not only offer scenic flights to visitors in our area, we also provide services to fishermen, hunters and trampers - whether it be fish, groceries or warm takeaways!
The Fiordland National Park is also home to many wildlife creatures and you may also be able to spot the wild red deer from the seat of your plane!
Fiordland National Park Flight Options & Prices
- Doubtful Sound Overfly - Running short of time? This is the perfect alternative. Doubtful Sound's stunning waterfalls are unmatched and will leave you in awe of this dramatic region. Duration: 40 minutes. Adult $310.00, Child $190.00.
- Fiordland Fantastic - Dusky and Doubtful Sounds combined. An exhilarating flight over 350 islands scattered through the clear blue seas of the Fiordland Coast. Duration: 1 ¼ hours. Adult $540.00, Child $320.00
- Milford Sound Overfly - Spectacular view of Milford Sound including the Milford Track, Tutoko Glaciers and Sutherland Falls. Duration: 1 hour. Adult $470.00, Child $285.00.
- Kepler Track Overfly - Follow the Kepler Track from Te Anau over Mt Luxmore to Lake Manapouri and return. Duration: 20 minutes. Adult $225.00, Child $130.00
- Te Anau Local Overfly - Experience the Te Anau basin from the air with magnificent 360 degree views of lakes Te Anau, Manapouri and the Hidden Lakes. Duration: 10 minutes. Adult $100.00, Child $60.00
- Captain Cook's Dusky Sound - A flight of rediscovery of Captain Cook's Dusky Sound where his ships Endeavour and Resolution first explored in 1770 and 1773. Recreate Hodge's 1773 paintings of the unchanged scenery. This is one of the few opportunities to discover this area by air in minimal time. Shore excursions are available depending on conditions. Duration: Minimum 1 ¼ hours flight time plus shore time depending on your wishes. Adult $540.00, Child $320.00
- South Fiord and Gorge Burn Falls - Fly to the head of the South Fiord of Lake Te Anau for a short walk to the spectacular Gorge Burn Falls through beautiful fern and native bush. Experience rugged steep sided fiords similar to those of Milford Sound which are easily accessible in most weather. A great option if time is limited. Duration: 1 ½ hours including minimum 30 minutes flight time. Adult $235.00, Child $130.00
- South Fiord Cruise & Fly - Cruise to the entrance of the South Fiord of Lake Te Anau for a guided walk into Hidden Lakes. Return to the boat for refreshments before flying to the head of the South Fiord and a short walk to the Gorge Burn Falls before returning to Te Anau by floatplane. Duration: 3 hours including 30 minutes flight time. Adult $3115.00, Child $150.00
FLY 'N' BOAT OPTIONS
- Fly 'N' Boat - Combination of Floatplane flight and Jetboat ride on Lake Manapouri and the Waiau River. Duration: 1 hour. Adult NZ$240.00 Child NZ$120.00
- Norwest Lake Fly 'N' Boat - Combination of Floatplane flight over the Nor West Lakes and Jetboat ride on Lake Manapouri and the Waiau River. Duration: 1 ¼ hours. Adult NZ$325.00 Child NZ$180.00
- Doubtful Sound Fly 'N' Boat - Combination of Floatplane flight to Doubtful Sound and Jetboat ride on Lake Manapouri and the Waiau River. Duration: 1 ½ hours. Adult NZ$415.00 Child NZ$235.00
- Trampers Transport - Supper Cove - Dusky Track. $330.00 per person
Minimum Numbers Apply on Flights
Charter Rates Also Available.
Prices quoted in NZ$, Subject to Change
PO Box 222
Te Anau 9640
Phone: +64 3 249 7405
Fax: +64 3 249 7939
Web: Visit website
If you would like to enquire to more than one company all at the same time then go to our Travel Planner
Our Travel Planner provides a fantastic way to make enquiries to lots of Tourism companies all at once so you don't have to fill out a heap of forms just to get a quote