Glen Aros, Hawke’s Bay is a classic New Zealand country estate
Glen Aros Country Estate, Hastings offers luxury exclusive villa rental accommodation in a secluded and relaxing setting. Ideal for holiday, weekend getaway, special occasions or a corporate retreat, perfect escape for complete relaxation and the ideal base for exploring Hawke’s Bay.
Stepping inside the gracious 1914 home, you’ll discover it has been beautifully restored to maintain the original country charm but enhanced to meet the needs of the discerning traveller.
Glen Aros is just a short drive to the many attractions of this diverse region.
Dine alfresco at winery restaurants or at local artisan food producers, or visit one of the many award winning wineries & tasting rooms. Art deco Napier, pristine beaches, and trout-laden rivers are all nearby, as are exceptional golf courses, including the world-ranked course at Cape Kidnappers. Glen Aros guests can enjoy unlimited complimentary golf at Hastings Golf Club ( Bridge Pa) – 12 minutes drive - or visit up to 15 vineyards within a 10 minute drive.
Hawke's Bay Accommodation
There are six spacious bedrooms available for double or single occupancy. All bedrooms have a super-king size bed and modern en suite bathroom. Tasteful furnishings lend individuality to each room and enhance the original character and comfort of this elegant Hawke’s Bay estate.
- Glencoe - Situated on the ground floor, French doors open to the veranda and garden, and bow windows offer wide views of the hills, rose garden and lawns.
- Tiree - A view of the garden and access to a secluded patio from the veranda door bring a sense of serenity to this pleasant room with its large en suite decorated in soft-hued Italian tile.
- Oban - A large, airy room which may be configured with either a super king-sized bed or twin beds. Situated on the second floor overlooking the pool garden area, an ancient walnut tree and rolling hills.
- Iona - Located on the second floor, looking out across the front lawn, mature trees and the extensive rose garden. A private veranda offers panoramic views of the Hawkes Bay hills.
- Arran - This spacious room located on the second floor of Stables Cottage features a high ceiling with exposed wooden beams and has sweeping views across the Raukawa valley.
- Torran - The mirror image of Arran, it looks out across the gardens and mature trees of the main homestead.
- Arran & Torran Suite - A sitting room and kitchenette area between the Arran and Torran bedrooms creates a comfortable two bedroom/two bathroom suite with a private entrance from the ground floor.
On-site accommodation can also be arranged for support staff such as guides, nannies or pilots.
Guest facilities include:
- Fully equipped kitchen for self-catering
- Chef for private, casual or fine dining is available by prior arrangement, subject to availability
- Top quality linens are provided including large pool towels
- Pétanque court
- Well-equipped gym
- Independently heated spa/Jacuzzi and a heated swimming pool, with a weir and natural stone patio that seamlessly blend into the surrounding garden
- Meeting room, professionally equipped, with a 12 seat boardroom quality table and adjustable leather chairs. French doors open directly to the pool and spa patio
- Games room with large screen TV and full-sized billiard table, also opening directly to the pool and spa patio
- Individually climate-controlled air conditioning and heating in each room
- Wireless internet access throughout
- Insect screens on selected doors and windows
- Laundry area with 2 large washing machines and driers
- SKY TV in each guest room and both lounges
- DVD/CD library
Glen Aros Country Estate Rates
Quoted in NZ$, Subject to Change
Exclusive Villa Rate
4brm – up to 9 guests
Please enquire for low season rates
6brm – up to 14 guests
Please enquire for low season rates
- Exclusive villa rates are quoted in New Zealand Dollars and are exclusive of government Goods and Services Tax at 15% (GST).
- Rates include Free Wi-Fi, use of all facilities and end of stay cleaning.
- A minimum 2 night stay applies for all stays and for the holiday period 22 December 05 January there is a 5 night minimum.
- Children are welcome by arrangement
- We regret pets are not allowed.
- We ask you to respect the non-smoking policy inside the buildings and guest rooms.
- Guest check in is at 2pm and checkout is at 11am. Any other times are by arrangement.
- Guest facilities include a recreation room housing a full-sized billiard table, a gymnasium and meeting facilities, plus swimming and spa pools, pétanque court and two hectares of garden.
1549 Raukawa Road
Phone: +64 6 874 8885
Fax: +64 6 874 8851
Web: Visit website
If you would like to enquire to more than one company all at the same time then go to our Travel Planner
Our Travel Planner provides a fantastic way to make enquiries to lots of Tourism companies all at once so you don't have to fill out a heap of forms just to get a quote