Beachcomber Fun Cruises, Picton
Beachcomber Cruises are the Marlborough Sounds cruise, transport and Queen Charlotte Track transfer specialists. Proudly family owned and operated since 2006, our boats are out on the water 364 days of the year, rain or shine. Every day is different, you never know who or what you may meet, be it frolicking dolphins, playful seals or a lone blue penguin.
When you choose Beachcomber you cruise in safety and comfort, aboard vessels designed to highlight the fantastic scenery and surrounds. Size does matter when it comes to flexibility, reliability and cost effectiveness and we have a range of vessels to suit, from one person to 150.
Our team of skippers are highly experienced professionals, with comprehensive knowledge of the Marlborough Sounds which they enjoy sharing with you. The friendly office staff ensure the smooth operation of our services and are Queen Charlotte Track itinerary specialists. If you want to know how long it will take to walk from one point to the next, where to get the best lunch on the track or organise a grand gesture for your loved one they are the experts!
Based on the Picton waterfront our offices are conveniently located adjacent to both long and short term parking. One of the many perks of a waterfront location are the great views, but as wonderful as they are, it gets even better when you venture into the beautiful Marlborough Sounds or more specifically the Queen Charlotte Sound.
Our offices are open from 7am-6pm during the summer, 8am-5pm in winter and we are contactable outside of these hours by phone, 24 hours a day.
Our services include:
- Scheduled Sightseeing Cruises featuring the Magic Mail Run – the only licensed NZ Post delivery service in the Queen Charlotte Sound, Ship Cove Cruise, Motuara Island Bird Sanctuary Eco tour and more
- Queen Charlotte Track Transfers
- One Day and Multi-Day Cruise & Walk packages
- Marlborough Sounds Lodge and Holiday Home transfers
- An on-demand Water Taxi Service (Picton Water Taxis)
- Private Boat Charter for Events
Please visit our website for more details of the services we provide and/or contact us we would love to hear from you!
CRUISES & PRICES
Quoted in NZ$, Subject to Change
Valid 1st Oct 2016 to 30th Sep 2017
Child 5-14 years. Infants up to 4 years - FREE
- Magic Mail Run - departs 1:30pm. Adult $99.00, Child $55.00
- Ship Cove Cruise - departs 9am. Adult $83.00, $47.00
- Motuara Island Bird Watchers Cruise - departs 8am. Adult $87.00, Child $47.00
- Sunday Afternoon Cruise - departs 1:30pm. Adult $93.00, Child $51.00
DAY IN THE SOUNDS - departs 8am or 9am. Adult $83.00, Child $47.00
Either: Ship Cove, Furneaux Lodge or Punga Cove
- Great Track & Pack Pass - departs 8am or 9am. Adult $101.00, Child $53.00
- Ship Cove one way - departs 8am or 9am. Adult $66.00, Child $43.00
- Ship Cove to Furneaux Lodge - departs 8am or 9am. Adult $81.00, Child $45.00
- Resolution Bay to Furneaux Lodge - departs 8am or 9am. Adult $81.00, Child $45.00
- Furneaux Lodge to Punga Cove - departs 8am or 9am. Adult $81.00, Child $45.00
- Torea Bay to Punga Cove - departs 8am. Adult $81.00, Child $45.00
- Torea Bay to Anakiwa - departs 8am. Adult $71.00, Child $41.00
- Torea Bay to Mistletoe Bay - departs 8am or 9am. Adult $71.00, Child $41.00
- Mistletoe Bay to Anakiwa - departs 10am. Adult $71.00, Child $41.00
- Mountain Bikes - $5.00 each way
Please note the 8am departure only operates 01Oct-30April.
Phone: +64 3 573 6175
Web: Visit website
If you would like to enquire to more than one company all at the same time then go to our Travel Planner
Our Travel Planner provides a fantastic way to make enquiries to lots of Tourism companies all at once so you don't have to fill out a heap of forms just to get a quote