The Giant's House, Akaroa
A historic Akaroa house with original artworks, terraced gardens with sculptures and mosaics.
Recommended by Lonely Planet
"the happiest garden on earth"
Surprises everywhere in this glorious sculpture mosaic garden. Large scale fine art installations are interwoven with colourful garden plantings to complement. Extraordnary and very unique. Josie has big backgrounds in Art and Horticulture - and it shows.
Prices quoted in NZ$, Subject to Change
Garden open 12-5pm daily from 26th Dec to end April, and 2-4pm from 1st May to 24th December
Garden visit : $20 per adult, $10 per child (2 - 15 years of age)
Family Concession Prices:
- 2 Adults + 1 Child $45
- 2 Adults + 2 Children $50
- 2 Adults + 3 Children $55
- 2 Adults + 4 Children $60
- Students (with ID) $17
- Seniors (with NZ gold card ID) $17
For group visits (10 or more) to see both the house, gallery and the garden: $22.50pp+ GST
Cafe (Summer Only)
Enjoy cafe style lunches - serving "The long afternoon tea" here at the Artist's Palate, offering you the full experience to enjoy in fine food and drinks surrounded by art.
The Contemporary Art Gallery
The Giant's house Contemporary Art Gallery opened on 13th December 2009, and is now part of the garden visit. Josie Martin's art work/ paintings are now on exhibition. Architect for the Gallery - Sir Miles Warren.
The Giants House Bed & Breakfast - Accommodation
Josie is your host for bed and breakfast accommodation.Your rooms are spacious and comfortable, with views of the garden and harbour. A generous continental breakfast is provided. At The Giant's House you will be pampered.
As well as twin and single rooms Josie has two special, spacious double rooms - one downstairs - the Rose room - with a lovely conservatory bathed with the morning sun and a mosaic garden in the ensuite, and the other with an "original" boat bed and view of the Akaroa harbour warmed by the afternoon sun.
The Giant's House is within 5 mins walking distance of the beautiful Akaroa Harbour, while the township is just a short distance away for shopping, restaurants and holiday attractions.
RATES: Quoted in NZ$, Subject to Change.
B & B accommodation prices:
- Rose Room - Double room with conservatory and ensuite $350.00 for one night's B&B , and $550 for 2 night's B&B
- Double Boat bed room with wash basin in room and separate bathroom (next door) $300 for one nights B&B , and $500 for 2 night's B&B
- Twin Room with wash basin and separate bathroom $300 for 0ne night's B&B , and $500 for 2 nights B&B
- Additional $60 per night for an extra person/child in the room ( a fold out bed can be added)
The Giants House - Sculpture, Mosaic Garden and Gallery, Akaroa Enquiry Form
68 Rue Balguerie
Phone: +64 3 304 7501
Web: Visit website