SkyBus, Auckland (City-Airport-Express)
SkyBus is Auckland’s best value Airport to City transfer service operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Our buses offer convenient travel from Auckland Airport kerbside straight to the heart of Auckland city, stopping near most major city hotels, hostels and transport hubs.
6 great reasons to ride SkyBus:
- FREE WiFi on all our buses
- Approximately 70% cheaper than a Taxi
- Travels in bus lanes, avoiding heavy peak traffic
- Its frequent: Every 10 minutes during peak hours 7am-7pm every day including public holidays
- Picks-up & drops-off right outside the Airport Terminal Doors
- Picks-up and drops-off near most major hostels and hotels in the city
- Express airport transfers to Auckland City - Sit back, relax and stay connected with free WiFi on the SkyBus express service between the city centre and Auckland Airport (AKL). With our high frequency timetable, a bus is never far away. Buses depart from the International Terminal and make a second stop via the Domestic Terminal before continuing to the City.
The buses alternate between two routes, Mt Eden Road #01 or Dominion Road #05. Both routes converge onto Queen Street and terminate at 396 Queen Street, Auckland. The bus only stops at selected drop off points when requested by a passenger using the ‘stop button’.
After terminating at 396 Queen Street, passengers can connect with a complimentary shuttle service to be transferred to downtown Auckland. This shuttle service performs a specific route only terminating at Customs Street East (opposite Fort lane). To catch SkyBus please wait at a designated bus stop and signal to the driver on approach.
- North Harbour Express - Express airport transfers to Akoranga, Smales Farm and Albany (Westfield). The new service is a major addition to airport transfer services in Auckland, with frequent pick-ups from Akoranga, Smales Farm and Albany (Westfield). SkyBus North Harbour Express offers fixed price fares, free WiFi, unlimited luggage, senior discounts and kids travelling free on family tickets – it's the smarter, and faster, way to get to and from Auckland Airport.
SkyBus North Harbour stops - Whether you're studying at AUT, working at Smales Farm or enjoying some retail therapy at Albany Westfield, SkyBus North Harbour Express has a convenient stop nearby.
- Akoranga – Bus station Platform 4a
- Smales Farm – Bus station Platform 3a
- Albany Westfield – Bus stop 4259, Civic Crescent
SkyBus offers a 24 hour service, 7 days a week. During peak hours SkyBus offers a high frequency timetable so you’ll never wait long:
Every 10 minutes (7am-7pm) every day, including public holidays.
For departure times outside peak hours please refer to www.skybus.co.nz for a full timetable and route map.
Tickets are available:
- Online at www.skybus.co.nz
- From our Airport Ticket Kiosks
- Direct from your SkyBus driver (cash only)
- SkyBus Lounge, 396 Queen Street
Journey time is approximately 55 minutes from 396 Queen Street, however times may vary according to traffic conditions. Please leave sufficient time to meet your check in.
SkyBus, Auckland (City-Airport-Express) Enquiry Form
396 Queen Street
Phone: +64 (0) 9222 0084
Freephone: 0800 SKYBUS [Auckland Region only (excl. Auckland City free calling area)]
Web: Visit website