Seal Coast Safari
Seal Coast Safari – Wellington Tours offers exclusive tours to Wellington’s rugged South coast, offering sublime views and exclusive access to private farm land, plus the chance to encounter native New Zealand fur seals up close and personal. Come and enjoy the best Wellington has to offer, and some morning or afternoon tea with the seals, whilst taking in the true beauty of Wellington.
Seal Coast safari is also the recipient of TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence award and highly ranked as one of Wellington's best outdoor activities...and it’s no surprise why! We are also a Qualmark endorsed activity, meaning Tourism New Zealand ranks the tour with an official mark of quality.
Our drivers and the tour itself is what makes us different. We pride ourselves on offering an authentic and unique experience, so come take a trip with us off the beaten track, as Seal Coast Safari has been guiding you to the best scenery in Wellington for over 17 years.
- Our tour begins by going up the Brooklyn Hill to a wind turbine where guests can take in the great views of the city, the Cook Strait and the South Island.
- From there we then travel through the hills of private farmland towards Wellington’s south coast.
- On this private farmland you can encounter a number of animals including, goats, red deer and ostriches! (They can be shy though, so we can't guarantee!)
- Once on the coast, we drive along the beaches and stop for some morning or afternoon tea with some native New Zealand Fur Seals.
- We offer these 3-hour Safaris in both the morning and afternoon – the morning Safari leaves at 9.30am and the afternoon Safari leaves at 1.30pm.
Price (quoted in NZ$, subject to change)
- NZ$125 per adult
- NZ$62.50 for children aged 14 and under
Cruise Ship Passengers
" Guiding you to the best scenery in Wellington for over 17 years"
On board a Cruise Ship?
We here at Seal Coast Safari - Wellington Tours, are dedicated to offering all passengers with the BEST New Zealand experience by offering Wellington's most beautiful scenery. Come and enjoy our exclusive 4WD tour, that captures the true beauty of Wellington's Southern Coast Line.
Things Cruise Passengers need to know:
- We allocate all seats to Cruise Ships passengers.
- Bookings must be made on board the ship via excursions desk.
- Prices differ, as we offer Cruise Ships passengers our Silver Safari package.
- Alternatively, if your cruise ship is not one we have an agent with, you can either contact us directly, or book on the day via the Wellington i-SITE Visitor Centre at 145 Wakefield Street.
- We pick-up and drop-off at the Cruise Ship terminal, however passengers can also request drop-off to other attractions in Wellington if required.
- In regards to the tour, the same route is taken as shown on Seal Coast Safari Tour details.
Are you planning a corporate trip, Christmas party, school trip or family outing?
We can help...
Here at Seal Coast Safari - Wellington Tours, we can cater to all groups large or small. With a fleet of 3 Seal Mobiles, with each seating 8, we have you covered!
- Vehicle Hire: We offer a NZ$700 private vehicle hire, perfect for an exclusive tour or a family group, with each vehicle seating up to 8 passengers.
Please contact us for further details and availability!
Seal Coast Safari Tours, Wellington Enquiry Form
145 Wakefield Street
Phone: +64 4 801 6040
Freephone: within NZ: 0800 73 25 27
Mobile: +64 27 453 4880
Web: Visit website
Departure point: Wellington i-site bus stop located on Wakefield St (opposite The West Plaza Hotel)