Mt Vernon Lodge, Akaroa
Private and tucked away in a peaceful, secluded location with stunning Akaroa harbour views. Mt Vernon Lodge is perfect for weddings, functions, corporate events and romantic getaways.
Mt Vernon boasts a range of accommodation options to suit everyone, from singles, romantic couples, or groups of up to 50 people.
- Alpine Lodge - The alpine lodge is a 3 bedroom chalet that offers communal living experience for up to 9 people in comfortable surroundings. It has fully-equipped kitchen, dining table with 6 chairs, bathroom bath and separate toilet. The lodge’s three bedrooms can be configured range of sleeping options, including two bunk rooms 4 beds, one double room single bed. Superb views harbour which we believe are best from entire estate. An expansive deck bbq makes outdoor area magical.
- Chalet Cabins - Fully independent, our 2 chalet-style cabins offer stylish accommodation for up to 6 people. Each cabin has a super-king size bed, a 4-bed bunk room, full bathroom facilities, a living area and kitchen (all kitchen utensils and crockery, cutlery and glassware provided). Both have a deck area with outside table and chairs.
- Lodge Accommodation - The Lodge accommodation is a six-unit building that can sleep up to 24 guests. The 6 x motel-style units each sleep up to 4 people per unit. Each room has a super king bed and 2 x single beds on the mezzanine floor to allow for privacy. All units have an ensuite. A central communal living area includes a large fully equipped commercial-standard kitchen, large dining table and bench seats, a sunken fire area, large BBQ and a massive deck with outside table, gas heater and magnificent views over Akaroa Harbour.
- Maison Cottage - A tribute to Akaroa’s French heritage, Maison Cottage is a self-contained cottage-style romantic hideaway, set in a world of its own. It’s a rural cottage for two, rustically detailed with all the finishing touches for an intimate stay, including a super king-size bed. Set in the heart of our pine forest, surrounded by nature, native birds and peace.Peace, seclusion and nature make Maison Cottage perfect for a rural stay.
- Pheasant Cottage - Pheasant Cottage is an English styled self-contained cottage, perfect for 2 people. Set in the privacy of the old orchard, Pheasant Cottage enjoys all-day sun and has a large deck overlooking the surrounding grounds. It’s a lovely cottage accommodation featuring a queen-size wooden bed, an ensuite bathroom, separate sunroom, log burner and TV (freeview) for those cosy winter’s nights. Enjoy the sound of native birdsong,or see if you can spot the native wood pigeons!
Weddings at Mt Vernon Lodge
At Mt Vernon, you can have an unforgettable ceremony, a custom-designed reception, and stylish accommodation for you and your guests, all within the beautiful surroundings of our estate. And the next day, you’ll have time to catch up with old friends, and enjoy the scenery.
You can hold everything onsite, from your ceremony to your photographs to your reception to your accommodation. And the best bit, they’re all an easy walking distance away. Once you arrive, pack away your car keys and enjoy your stay.
Mt Vernon’s sweeping lawns, with their stunning views over Akaroa Harbour, offer the perfect setting in which to make your vows. Of course, they also provide an ideal backdrop for your photographs, so there’s no need to leave your guests behind – friends and family can enjoy drinks and canapés, wander around the grounds, or even retreat to their own rooms if they so desire, until it’s time for the day’s proceedings to continue.
With us, your reception can be as formal or as informal as you want it to be – whether it’s a silver-service dinner for 100, or a BBQ on the lawn for 10. We are a BYO Venue, we don’t charge you corkage, we only charge a small per person fee to cover our costs. We have a choice of caterers, or you can cater for yourselves in our full commercial kitchen, and we also offer full glass and equipment hire, should you need it. Or you may wish to choose from our range of menus, created by top local chefs, and let us do the rest.
In fact, if you’d like us to, we can organise the entire occasion, from the photographers to the flowers. All you need to bring is yourselves, and your guests!
At the end of the day, there’s no need to wait for a car, whenever you’re ready, just stroll back to the privacy of your room. For the bride and groom, we suggest a stay at Pheasant Cottage or La Maison. Each offers romantic, secluded accommodation for two, set away from the main areas, where you can wake to the sound of bell birds and enjoy breakfast on your private verandah – or in winter, curl up beside your very own wood fire.
Your guests may choose from a range of options to suit most budgets: the Alpine Lodge offers a comfortable, communal experience for up to 10 guests; The Lodge has six ensuite units suitable for couples or families, as well as a large communal lounge with sunken fireplace; and our Chalets offer comfortable, self-contained accommodation for up to six people each. More information on all Mt Vernon’s rooms is available on our ‘Accommodation‘ page.
To discuss your ideas, or ask us ours, on creating the perfect wedding package for you, please Contact Us. We’d love to be a part of making it special.
Mt Vernon Lodge, Akaroa Enquiry Form
33 Purple Peak Road
Phone: +64 3 304 7180
Web: Visit website