Monarch Wildlife Cruises – Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tours from Dunedin
Get closer to our unique southern ocean wildlife. Enjoy fresh sea air and beautiful scenery.
Fascinating, exhilarating - a great way to see our wealth of wildlife and dramatic views – up close and natural.
One Hour Cruise, from Weller’s Rock wharf around Taiaroa Head
Unrivalled wildlife viewing - Northern Royal Albatross, blue penguins, terns, giant petrels, fur seals and more. You could also see other types of albatross, Sooty Shearwaters and other petrels. You could see NZ sea-lions, different species of dolphins and whales while close offshore.
Take a Half Day Cruise/Tour option or a Full Day Premier Peninsula Package.
Cruise on our classic ex-fishing vessel Monarch along the lovely Otago Harbour. Bus around Otago Peninsula. See yellow-eyed penguins up close at Penguin Place. Combine Monarch’s wildlife cruise with Royal Albatross land observatory. Tour the wading birds habitat around the peninsula’s inlets. Step back into the colonial grandeur of Larnach Castle. Otago Peninsula was described by acclaimed environmentalist Dr David Bellamy “as the finest example of eco tourism in the world.”
- Fully guided, informative commentaries, fact sheets
- Complimentary warm jackets and binoculars
- Courtesy transfers and complimentary refreshments for tours departing Dunedin
- Operating since 1983
- Three time New Zealand Tourism Award winners
- Member of NZ Birding Network
- DOC Marine Mammals Viewing Permit
- Tour Prices: Please submit an enquiry for a personalised quote.
Monarch Wildlife Cruises & Tours, Dunedin & Otago Peninsula Enquiry Form
20 Fryatt Street
Phone: +64 3 477 4276
Fax: +64 3 477 4275
Web: Visit website