Kapiti Island Nature Tours
Premier nature tours on the world famous nature reserve of Kapiti Island
Your best chance to encounter Little Spotted Kiwi in the wild, and other endangered native birds like Takahe, Kaka, Weka, Tieke (Saddleback), Kereru, Kokako, Hihi, and Toutouwai
Our Kapiti Island tours include:
- Genuine Maori hospitality
- Native forest
- Overnight Kiwi spotting tours
- Guided nature walks
- Bird watching
- Maori culture and storytelling
- Accommodation and meals in our Kapiti Nature Lodge
- Life-long nature-inspired experiences to treasure
Highlights of our Experience
- Only place in NZ to see Little Spotted Kiwi in the wild. 2012 celebrates 100 years of this endearing little bird on Kapiti Island
- Only accommodation on Kapiti Island.
- One of New Zealand's most precious nature and marine reserves.
- A Maori cultural experience that visitors remember forever.
- Unsurpassed bird watching. Please look at our birding listing on the website to pull some names out, other than Kiwi, Takahe, Weka, Kea, Kaka, Little Blue Penguin.
- Walking options from gentle shore-line strolls to lookout hill walks.
- Wonderful fresh and local food.
- Can include fishing/kayaking/seal colony visits
Tours & Activities
We cater for all fitness levels. Most people enjoy the walk from Rangatira to the highest point, others can relax along the shoreline or take an easy flat walk at Waiorua Bay. You might choose to go diving or just enjoy Kapiti Nature Lodge for true rest and relaxation. Wherever you go on the Island, there is absolutely no chance that there’ll be too many people – just 50 permits are issued to Rangatira per day, and only 18 per day to Waiorua Bay, the home of local whanau and Kapiti Island Nature Tours. Visitors leave relaxed and fulfilled from genuine experiences with nature and staff.
Kapiti Island is an internationally renowned sanctuary for New Zealand native birds, a genuine native forest and a reserve for New Zealand wildlife. It is also a precious marine reserve. You can visit the Rangatira or Waiorua Bay (North end) of Kapiti Island. Kapiti Island Nature Tours runs its environment nature activities and Kapiti Nature Lodge from Waiorua Bay. Kiwi spotting and bird watching tours are our specialty.
And if you love taking photos, you couldn’t find a more incredible environment to do so.
Kapiti Island Nature Tours, Kapiti Island Enquiry Form
Phone: +64 6 362 6606
Mobile: 0064 21 126 7525
Web: Visit website