Auckland Sailing Charters & Sailing Courses
Gulfwind Sailing Academy and Charters Auckland is unique and different to other sailing operators:
- Owner operators, Mike and Sheryl Lanigan. We have a life time experience with yachts and sailing in the Hauraki Gulf.
- No staff. Mike and Sheryl are the instructors.
- Very well equipped responsive yacht to sail with tiller steering and comfortable to sail on.
- Small numbers on board: 1 to 4.
- Personalised and 'hands on' practical courses.
- Courses can be customised for peoples needs. Dates can be set to fit in with people's timeframe and travel arrangements. Operate 12 months of the year.
- Live-on board overnight courses include a cruise of the Hauraki Gulf. Navigation and night session options. Great way to have a holiday.
- Everything is provided to do a course. Wet Weather gear, food, bedding and full provision of the yacht for overnight options. (Walk on walk off)
- Centrally located at Westhaven Marina. Accommodation needs can be organised including transport to and from the yacht.
Auckland Learn to Sail
- Courses have been designed for 'hands on practical' experience
- Qualified Yachting NZ and Royal Yachting Association Yachtmaster Instructors.
- Yachting NZ affiliated Sailing School
- Small numbers on board with personalised tuition guaranteed (1 to 4)
- Tailor made block courses over two to three days (15 hours tuition)
- Time table to fit around peoples travel arrangements
- Yacht is centrally located at Westhaven Marina.
Auckland Sailing Course options
Learn to Sail :( 15 hours tuition over 2 to 3 days) NZ$795 per person
(For people new to sailing and/or wish to gain some more experience)
Yachting NZ Seamanship: (3 days) NZ$1195 per person
(For people who have done some sailing who would like to learn about anchoring, navigation and related seamanship skills.)
Recommend to combine with a three day live on board cruise and holiday.
Course (3 days plus 2 nights) for two people NZ$2780. (Course fee NZ$1195 x 2 plus yacht overnight fee NZ$195 x 2) This includes food and full provision of the yacht.
Royal Yachting Association: (5 day course includes overnight) NZ$1495 per person plus share of NZ$195 boat overnight fee
Competent Crew, Day Skipper, Coastal Skipper / Yachtmaster
- RATES: Please use our enquiry form to request a personalised quote.
Gulfwind Sailing Academy & Charters, Auckland Enquiry Form
PO Box 308069
Phone: +64 9 428 3484
Mobile: +64 27 480 2462
Web: Visit website