Dusky Lodge Accommodation, Kaikoura
New 1998, Dusky Lodge offers a clean homely environment with natural carved timbers throughout. A great place to relax, unwind and take in the great views and spectacular sunsets from our extensive decks.
Enjoy a swim in our heated swimming pool, or just take it easy in the sauna and spa pool before dining al fresco at our poolside restaurant.
With shared backpackers’ bunk rooms, doubles, twins and ensuite rooms, we cater for all kinds of travellers - whatever your needs or budget. Our new extension upstairs (completed October 2005) comprises of 11 deluxe ensuite rooms, offering a superior degree of comfort.
We offer the following accommodation options:
(prices quoted in NZ$, subject to change)
- Backpacker beds in 4-6 share bunk rooms - NZ$27 per person per night ($24 with a valid BBH card)
- Standard double or twin room with shared bathroom facilities - NZ$56 per room per night ($53/$50 with 1/2 BBH card)
- ‘Family’ room with one double bed and one set of bunks for the kids. Shared bathrooms - NZ $75 per room per night
- Ensuite double room with television - NZ$70 per room per night ($67/$64 with 1/2 BBH card)
- Deluxe ensuite double or twin room (in our new extension opened October 05)
- $80 per room per night ($77/$74 with 1/2 BBH card)
- 20 inch plasma screen TV
- Tea and coffee facilities in the room
- great views from the deck of the poolside and surrounding mountains
Linen is provided in all rooms and towels are provided in the ensuites.
We have three fully equipped kitchens with free tea and coffee.
Group Bookings / Conferences
We welcome group bookings at Dusky, offering a small conference venue, as well as a variety of accommodation and catering options:
- Kaikoura’s wide range of outdoor activities make for an ideal team-building setting. From hiking in snow peaked mountains to swimming with pods of up to 500 dolphins, it’s all here.
- Our staff can help to organize your itinerary to ensure your stay in Kaikoura goes without a hitch.
- Able to offer competitive packages while keeping quality of service and food
- Venue provided for small corporate events.
- Catering - we offer a selection of menus tailored to suit occasion and budget (e.g., local seafood and crayfish, Spit roast, BBQ, Pasta and Asian buffet).
Kaikoura thrives on its international reputation as an ecotourism centre, promoting a sustainable relationship with our wildlife and wilderness. Dusky Lodge is proud to support Kaikoura’s world famous Zero Waste Policy (Kaikoura becoming the second district in New Zealand to adopt zero waste to landfill in 1998). We recycle all our plastic, glass, cans and compost and try to minimize our impact on our beautiful environs by using solar power wherever possible.
Dusky Lodge Accommodation, Kaikoura Enquiry Form
67 Beach Road
Phone: +64 3 319 5959
Fax: +64 3 319 6929
Web: Visit website