Banks House Akaroa
Banks House Akaroa is named after the renowned botanist Sir Joseph Banks who sailed with Captain James Cook aboard the Endeavour. Banks House Akaroa, offers luxury accommodation and harbour views to discerning guests who enjoy heritage, character and the charm of a bygone era.
- Only 300 metres from the main Akaroa wharf
- All rooms - beautiful wrought iron beds, pillow top beds, ensuites
- Furnished with English period furniture
- English cottage garden - private and sunny, perfect for that pre-dinner drink
- Relax, unwind and enjoy all that Akaroa has to offer
- Awake to the sounds of Bellbirds in the garden
All of our rooms have the following:
- Quality bed and linen with luxurious white Egyptian sheets, electric blanket, …
- fluffy Egyptian towels, NZ natural toiletries, hair dryer
- posies of fresh flowers from our own garden
- complimentary wireless internet (free Wi-Fi)
- views from every room either the surrounding hills, garden or the sea. peaceful and tranquil settings
Rates: (including Free Wifi, European Breakfast and Goods & Services Tax).
- Banksia – King size room with entrance to new upstairs deck: NZ$325
- Garden Room - A delightful petite Victorian cottage, transformed into a secluded elegant garden hide away: NZ$295.00
- Solander & 1765 Rooms: NZ$275.00
A wonderful start to the day is a leisurely breakfast! Your breakfast is included in the cost of your room and is a meal to savour.
At Banks House, we serve a European style Breakfast …
Breakfast is served in the breakfast room, or outside in our tranquil sunny garden setting, to the song of bellbirds. We grow some items ourselves, though source as much as we can locally on the peninsula with seasonal fruit and fresh local produce.
Sharon enjoys setting the table from her collection of items from a bygone era, utilising silverware and glassware, and beautiful Portmerion china, in the Pomana design.
Our daily breakfasts consist of the following:
- Fresh juices
- Selection of cereals including Sharon’s home toasted muesli
- Bircher Muesli
- Platter of seasonal fresh fruit, natural yoghurt
- Freshly baked croissants with a selection of homemade conserves and jams
- Cheese, Ham
- Premium freshly ground coffee and a wide selection of teas
Special dietary requirements are catered for on request
Banks House is a sister property to Beaufort House Akaroa
Banks House Akaroa Enquiry Form
158 Rue Jolie
Phone: +64 3 304 8896
Web: Visit website