Aotearoa Surf School, Auckland
Aotearoa Surf School offers progressive surfing & paddleboard lessons, camps, and programs for all ages and skill levels, and just over 60 minutes north of Auckland CBD.
We’re based in Mangawhai and Te Arai, the most beautiful surf beaches on the east coast and just over an hour’s drive north of Auckland CBD. Aotearoa Surf operate most group & private lessons from Te Arai beach, renowned as Aucklands #1 east coast surf beach, capturing the most swell, providing consistent waves, with many breaks.
We’re a mobile surf school, so also operate all along the east coast north of Auckland, including Orewa, Omaha, Pakiri, Te Arai, Mangawhai, Langs Beach and Waipu Cove Ruakaka and beyond. This flexibility lets us offer school programs, corporate events, kids birthday parties and of course surf lessons throughout the Auckland region and catch the best conditions on the day.
We are renowed for our exceptional weekly surf programs for kids, ladies and schools. Also our full day school holiday programmes, kids Christmas holiday programmes & overnight surf camps!
What we offer:
- Surf Lessons - Learn to surf or improve your surfing skills with surfing lessons at one of Auckland’s best surf beaches.
- Kids & Surf - Get the kids off the xbox for surfing and paddleboarding fun and water safety with our school holiday and after school programmes.
- Kids Birthday Parties - Give the kids a birthday party they’ll remember forever, with a beach and surf party just north of Auckland.
- Surfing for Schools - Surfing, paddleboarding & kayaking for primary, intermediate, secondary schools, international schools, school camps, youth and community groups.
- Paddleboarding - Come with us on our paddleboard eco tour in and around the beautiful Mangawhai estuary or book a lesson… you’ll get the paddle boarding bug!
- Surf Lesson Packages - Buy a package of 3, 5 or 10 lessons to get a series of 2 hour surfing lessons that will get your surfing where it needs to be, at a reduced rate!
- Surf Sistas - Learn to surf, build ocean confidence and have fun with the girls! Get out on the water consistently and improve your surfing skills with our Surf Sistas girls only surfing club.
- Summer Surf Camp - The ultimate kids’ summer surf camp is an epic 6 day/5 night adventure in Mangawhai January 2020 and has 2 dates to choose from!
Surf experiences – weekend getaways to hen’s parties
Want to get the most out of your day at the beach or want to get a weekend or week of surfing or paddleboarding lessons?
- Aotearoa Surf offer customised day, weekend and week packages
- A total surfing package or mix of surfing, paddleboarding, kayaking and snorkelling!
- Based at Te Arai and Magical Mangawhai where most of the action takes place.
- Being a mobile surf school we also tour both the east and west coast beaches of Auckland and Northland hunting out the best Auckland and Northland has to offer on the day
- Accommodation can be provided from camping, hostels, chalets and bungalows or hotels.
Let us customise an experience for you
Surfboard, wetsuit, paddleboard and kayak hire
Aucklands largest selection of rentals on the east coast over 120 surfboards and 200 wetsuits, plus paddleboards, kayaks and bikes for hire.
Always available at the Aotearoa Surf shop and Hire Centre at 11 Te Arai Point Rd. 8.30am – 6pm every day.
Get the gear and hit some of the most consistent surf beaches on Auckland east coast. Te Arai, Forestry & Blackswamp. Or get a deal long term and road trip Auckland & Northlands best surf spots!
- Soft boards for beginners – all sizes up to 9 foot
- Hard boards – funboards, mini mals and longboards from 7 – 10 foot
- Short boards & fishes for intermediate to advanced surfers.
- Full length 2mm & 3mm quality wetsuits – Vissla Oneill & Quicksilver
- Free use of our soft racks and tie downs – suitable for any vehicle to carry 6 surfboards, 4 paddleboards or 2 kayaks – very easy and safe
Aotearoa Surf School, Auckland Enquiry Form
11 Te Arai Point Rd
Phone: +64 9 431 5760
Mobile: +64 21 442 163
Web: Visit website