Coromandel New Zealand
The Coromandel Peninsula is a popular destination for both Kiwi’s and international visitors. With a range of accommodation, things to do and spectacular scenery, why not book your holiday to the Coromandel.
TE MATA BAY, THAMES COAST
Te Mata Lodge in Thames Coromandel New Zealand is located in the beautiful Te Mata region just 20 minutes north of Thames, near the Coromandel Peninsula
The Te Mata Lodge itself is nestled in a sunny valley of native bush, bordered by a picturesque stream with three safe swimming holes. If you prefer the beach, it's just 10 minutes walking distance!
Te Mata Lodge is ideally situated between Thames and Coromandel and under an hour’s drive from the east coast favourites – Cathedral Cove, New Chums and Hot Water Beach.
Thames Coast is famous for excellent fishing and abundant shellfish. The drive from Thames to Coromandel is one of the most scenic in New Zealand. The road hugs picturesque coastline just meters from the sea, each passing bay displaying its own unique character.
Te Mata Lodge is an ideal spot to base yourself so you can explore and relax in the peaceful surroundings. Below are some highlights
- 10 acres of bush, gardens, scenic walks and native plant trail
- Free use of kayaks and sports equipment
- Gold panning and gem hunting (pans, walking sticks and rock shoes provided)
- Riverside BBQs and secluded picnic spots and swimming holes
- Breakfast baskets, BBQ packs and light meals available
- Guided walks to glowworm grotto
- A safe, fun place to stay with plenty to excite the imagination. Children love having the space and opportunity to romp and play in a natural stream and bush environment.
TRAVELLING AROUND THE COROMANDEL
Visitors can easily do a round trip of the Coromandel Peninsula in about 7 to 10 days. The more adventurous should allow more time. A great way to do this is in a campervan or motorhome.