New Zealand School Holiday Activities
The school holidays can be a daunting time for parents. Kids get bored easily, and it’s our job to keep them entertained.
It’s even harder when you are working, so a lot of us try to ‘make it up’ to our kids at the weekends.
There are heaps of things to do around our awesome country. Your local visitor attractions are not just for the tourists.
Ideas on how to keep the kids happy these holidays:
- Visit local the attractions, like the one’s you haven’t been to in ages! Many of them have may have made new developments or improvements. Take a look at the options we offer by clicking here.
- Go on a bush walk. It’s a great way of tiring out the kids, and it’s free!
- Pack and picnic and go to the local beach or park. Kids could even help you prepare the food (they are more likely to eat it this way too).
- Have a game of rugby or cricket. Mums & Dads needs exercise too!
- Take a mystery ‘tiki tour’ drive in the country. Don’t tell them where you are going. Just drive and stop at different and unusual places.
- Think back to your childhood. What did you like to do? Where did your parents take you? Your kids may also enjoy these places.
- Bike or scooter around your town or city (make sure you stop for an ice cream).
- Go on a photo tour. These day’s kids have some sort of device they can take pictures on. Photos are fun to look back on when you get home.