Holidays in Hawkes Bay
The sunny Hawke’s Bay region is the perfect holiday destination with a wide range of activities for all ages.
It is New Zealand's most recognised wine producing regions.Because of the long, hot summers and cool winters, the region offers the best weather for growing grapes. With over 100 vineyards and 80 wineries, visitors can visit many cellar doors of award winning wine producers.
Unpopulated, unpolluted white sandy beaches dot the coastline, and fishing and water sports are popular recreational activities.
Popular tourist destinations in the Hawkes Bay include:
- Napier – More commonly known for it’s art deco buildings, Napier also has many of the attractions you would expect in any city, such as museums, hot pools, galleries, an aquarium and guided tours.
- Hastings - A gastronomer's delight, Hastings boasts the best wines combined with the best foods. Hastings is near Cape Kidnappers Gannet Colony, has an interesting art scene and is host to many regular festivals.
- Havelock North - Havelock North is dominated by Te Mata Peak where breathtaking views can be enjoyed from the top. The town is only 5 km south of the city of Hastings and 27 Km south of Napier City, and is within easy reach of the many attractions in the region.
- Te Awanga – Just 15 minutes from Hastings, Te Awanga is a
small seaside community with a warm climate, Enjoy beaches suitable for
surfing, fishing, diving and sailing.
- Waimarama - Waimarama’s greatest attraction is the golden sand beach and deep blue sea renowned in New Zealand for its surf breaks. It is a small seaside village popular for relaxing holidays, and a great place for surfing and fishing. Its shops and café/restaurant draw visitors from nearby Waima and Ocean Beach. Visitors can enjoy beachside camping at the seaside resort.
- Waipatiki Beach - A great place to relax and there is something for all the family with the beach for swimming, fishing, surfing and a variety of coastal and native bush walks. Stay at the family friendly holiday park is in a rural setting.