10 Reasons Why You Should Visit New Zealand
If you have been thinking about coming to New Zealand, or are already here and plan to travel around, here are some inspiring reasons why you should do it!!
- 1. The country has so many natural wonders, like the Huka Falls in Taupo, and Milford Sound in Fiordland (the 8th wonder of the world).
- 2. New Zealand’s coastline has so many awesome (uncrowded) beaches; golden sands on the east coast, and the wild west coast for surfing.
- 3. Queenstown is the ‘adventure capital of the world’ and is where AJ Hackett invented the bungy!
- 4. New Zealand offers an amazing selection of accommodation, from beachside camping to luxury high country lodges. Experience the idyllic settings and a taste of real Kiwiana.
- 5. The Maori, New Zealand’s indigenous people will welcome you in to their village and share their tradition’s and kai (food) from their hangi (oven), followed by a performance of dance and song.
- 6. See the country by air – fly over the diverse landscape and see the amazing mountains, lakes and sea.
- 7. Try the adrenalin rush of white water rafting or jet boating in many locations such as the famous Shotover River in Queenstown, or the Kaituna River in the Bay of Plenty. White water raft down the Tongariro River in the World Heritage Tongariro National Park.
- 8. Try some of the country’s wildlife experiences, like whale watching & dolphin/seal swimming in Kaikoura & Akaroa. Check out the penguin colonies in the South Island and hang out with these endangered species.
- 9. Jump from 25,000 feet and plummet towards the ground taking in the scenery in either the North or South Islands.
- 10. New Zealand has geothermal activity all around the country. Bathe in the natural hot pools surrounded by native bush. Our natural waters have been used by Maori for hundreds of years for heating, cooking and preserving food, and for their medicinal and therapeutic properties.
Oh, and did I mention that Kiwi’s are down to earth, awesome people!!